- Your privacy
Suspension Mega Store (ABN 23 508 499 390) is committed to protecting your personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) in the Privacy Act as well as other applicable legislation, such as the Spam Act, the Do Not Call Register Act.
- What we collect and how we collect it
The personal information we collect about you depends on the dealings you have with us. Personal Information includes information about an individual who is reasonably identifiable. For example, if you: make an online purchase, we may collect your credit card, identity and transaction details, if you use our delivery service, your name, contact details and delivery address in order to provide the goods or services
- provide details to join special mailing lists or databases if you’d like to receive information about, for example, certain brands, we may collect your name, contact details, date of birth and information about your shopping or product preferences
- provide information via social media pages such as providing your name or contact details via the Suspension Mega Store Facebook page, or other social media sites.
- enter a competition or complete a survey, in online or printed format, we may collect your name and contact details along with your goods or services preferences and feedback
- send us an enquiry or provide us with feedback through our online form or via our Contact Us page, we will collect your name, contact details, details of your enquiry or feedback and information about our response
You can make general enquiries or provide certain feedback anonymously, however in some cases if you don't identify yourself, we may not be able to respond to you or provide you with the product or service you are seeking: eg, you must identify yourself to purchase products online or arrange for products to be delivered to you.
- Collection of personal information through websites
- Why we collect personal information
The main purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information are:
- processing transactions online, and delivering products and services
- to provide any associated loyalty program
- promoting Suspension Mega Store and its products and services, including through direct marketing, events and competitions, public relations and social media
- performing research and statistical analysis, including for customer satisfaction and product and service improvement purposes. This may include matching information we collect against other information held by third parties. (We may also use and disclose de-identified data for these purposes)
- helping us tailor existing or develop new products, services or offers, and to help us selectively target promotional offers and opportunities
- developing or seeking to deliver new ranges of products or services
- protecting the security of our staff, customers, suppliers and goods (including theft and fraud prevention)
- answering queries, resolving complaints and responding to social media
- general planning and administration
We may also collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for other purposes explained at the time of collection or which are required or authorised by or under law, and for which you have provided consent.
- Direct marketing and opting out
By providing your address, email address and telephone numbers to Suspension Mega Store, you consent to Suspension Mega Store contacting you for the purposes set out above. We may send this information in a variety of ways, including by mail, email, social media, SMS, MMS, telephone. You can opt out of being contacted by:
- contacting our Privacy Officer by email at email@example.com
- advising us if you receive a marketing call that you no longer wish to receive these calls; or
- using the unsubscribe facility that we include in our electronic messages (eg email, SMS or MMS) to opt out of receiving those messages.
- Email and mobile communication
If you provide us with an email address or phone number, you consent to electronic communication such as notices or reminders being sent to you via that address or number. You may prefer to provide to us with your personal email address or phone number rather than, for example, an email address accessible by your work colleagues.
You can opt out of Google features via Ads Settings, Ad Settings for mobile apps, or any other available means. You can find Google Analytics’ currently available opt-outs for the web here.
- Who we may share your personal information with
We may share your personal information with third parties where appropriate for the purposes set out above, including:
- financial institutions for payment processing
- Suspension Mega Store’s contracted service providers or partners, including: delivery and shipping providers, information technology service providers, marketing and communications agencies, research and statistical analysis providers, call centres, hard copy and electronic mail houses, manufacturers and suppliers, external business advisers (such as recruitment advisors, auditors and lawyers).
- regulatory, investigative or government bodies to comply with laws
- Google platforms such as Google Analytics & Advertising features, including remarketing and cross-device signals.
We may ask one of these third parties to contact you directly for a specific purpose, and provide us with information collected from you in the course of providing the relevant products or services.
- Data quality and security
We hold personal information in a number of ways, including in printed documents, electronic databases and email contact lists. Printed documents may be held at Suspension Mega Store’s head office, or archived in boxes and stored in secure offsite facilities. We take reasonable steps to:
- ensure that the personal information that we collect, use and disclose is accurate, up to date and complete and (in the case of use and disclosure) relevant;
- protect the personal information that we hold from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure; and
- destroy or permanently de-identify personal information that is no longer needed for purposes permitted by the APPs.
You can help us keep your information up to date, by letting us know about changes to your details.
The steps we take to secure personal information include website protection measures, security restrictions on access to computer systems, controlled access to corporate premises, policies on document storage and security. While we endeavour to protect the personal information of users of our website, we cannot guarantee the security of information you disclose online: you disclose that information at your own risk. If you are concerned about sending your information over the internet, you can contact Suspension Mega Store as set out in section 13. You can also help protect your personal information by keeping your account details confidential. If you become aware of any security breach, please let us know as soon as possible.
- Third party sites
- Access and correction General
Please contact our Privacy Officer if you would like to access or correct the personal information that we hold about you. We may ask you to verify your identity before processing any access or correction requests, to make sure that the personal information we hold is properly protected.
We will generally provide you with access to your personal information within 30 days, subject to some exceptions permitted by law. We will also generally provide access in the manner that you have requested (eg by providing photocopies or allowing a file to be viewed), provided it is reasonable and practicable for us to do so. We may however charge a fee to cover our reasonable costs of locating the information and providing it to you.
If you ask us to correct personal information that we hold about you, or if we are satisfied that the personal information we hold is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, we will take reasonable steps to correct that information to ensure that, having regard to the purpose for which it is held, the information is accurate, up-to-date, complete, relevant and not misleading. If we correct personal information about you, and we have previously disclosed that information to another agency or organisation that is subject to the Privacy Act, you may ask us to notify that other entity. If so, we will take reasonable steps to do so, unless this would be impracticable or unlawful.
- Complaints or Questions
Mail: PO Box 722 Morley WA 6943
Online: Contact Us page
All complaints received by the Privacy Officer will be dealt with fairly and in a timely manner considering all the circumstances of the complaint. In most cases, we expect that complaints will be investigated and a response provided within 30 days of receipt of the complaint. If the matter is more complex and our investigation may take longer, we will contact you and tell you when we expect to provide our response.
- Changes to this Policy
Published December 2016